Sunday, August 2, 2009

Obstacles

"I will make all my mountains a way" Isa. 49:11

As today's devotional from Streams in the Desert reminded me, God doesn't promise that He will remove our obstacles that face us He promises us that He will give us strength to overcome them. So many times we expect our lives to become easier now that we are Christians and that we follow Christ our saviour. But we were never promised an easy road. Do not shy away from obstacles and brick walls when they are put in your path. Ask God for strength to climb over them, and continue to ask Him for strength until you overcome them. Be aware of your attitude as you overcome these obstacles, remember that the world is watching you and every step you take to see how you will react to the trials you are given. It is not that they are really any different than the ones that they go through, its how you get through them and with what attitude you have that they look at. I am very much speaking to myself here. So often I see my many obstacles and instead of facing them head on I tend to shy away from them or turn and run in the other direction. But some how I always end up right in front of them again. May these words encourage you for the facing of this next week. God bless.

"The meaning of trial is not only to test worthiness, but to increase it; as the oak is not only tested by the storms, but toughened by them" Streams in the Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment