Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Crosses...

I hope that all of my readers are having a blessed and wonderful week so far. Here is what I was reading in my quiet time this morning. Hopefuly it will encourage you as much as it encouraged me.

Luke 9:23 And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he mist deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 14:27 "Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."

These two verses really hit home to me. So many times we think we are denying ourselves and following Him when in all honesty we aren't. If we want to truly be His disciples and truly walk in His light we must wake up every day and deny what our flesh wants to do and ask Him what He wants us to do. But then we must carry the cross He has given us to carry. This brings to mind something someone told me a couple of months ago...it goes something like this. There was a person who was carrying a cross that seemed too heavy for him to carry so he went to Jesus and asked Him if he could trade in the cross he was given to bear and Christ allowed him to see all of the other crosses that He had and after looking through all of them he ended up choosing the one he started with. Christ only gives us the cross that we can bear, it wont be too heavy nor will it be too lite. Let us this day pick up the cross He has given each one of us to bear and bear it with a smile on our faces and joy in our hearts. Remember the world is always watching us....

No comments:

Post a Comment