Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year Resolutions

This may be a subject that a lot of us do not want to think about or even approach. But I for one think that new years resolutions are a good way to map out what we intended to get out of this next year. I think its especially important to take a look inside of you at your Spiritual relationship with God, to see where you are how far you have come and how you intend to grow in this next year. My pastor preaches on 1 Samuel 7:12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it between Mizpah and Shen, and named it Ebeneezer, saying thus far the Lord has helped us. We stop and take time to look back on the things that have happened with our church ans our members over the last year. We look at everything, the losses the blessings, everything. I think that it is a good way to see just how much God has done for us. I think that sometimes we get so caught up in the midst of the bad things that happen that we overlook the good things that He has done. I know I am very guilty of this, I look at the bad things instead of focusing on the positive side, the blessing side of things if you will. This next year I have made several new years resolutions but the most important one I have made is to love God more and serve Him more and the desires of my flesh less. To spend more time with Him and dwelling on Heavenly things and not to get so bogged down in this world. To have less of its stench on me and more of a Heavenly aroma about me if you will. So friend's I encourage to take time to look at this past year and see what God has done and look forward to what He will do this next year. If you don't have a deep and personal relationship with Him then I encourage you to get down on your knees and ask Him to show Himself to you, to say " Here I am Lord show me how to become your child and forgive me Lord for my many sins." He is always listening. May God bless you this next year and may you raise an Ebeneezer and say "Thus far the Lord has helped us."

No comments:

Post a Comment